Guide to Festivals
So, it’s an action-packed season of festivals this year – check out the festival calendar for a full list, but here’s our guide to the top 5!
1) Announced earlier this year, Radio One’s Big Weekend will take place in Glasgow on 24th and 25th May. Tickets are set to go on sale sometime in March so watch this space! Confirmed acts so far include Rita Ora and Paulo Nutini. Check out the Radio One Events Page for more information.
2) Glastonbury – the original and some would say the best… this years event takes place from 25th – 29th June. Tickets are currently sold out but cancelled tickets will be resold sometime in the spring. So far the line up includes Lilly Allen, Exposure and Blondie. For full information check out the Glastonbury website
3) T in the Park –Scotlands own festival takes place in Edinburgh from 11-13th July – Calvin Harris, Arctic Monkeys and Biffy Clyro will perform. Tickets are still available from the T in the park site
4) V Festival –held in a hopefully sunny Staffordshire, the V festival takes place on 16th/17th August, with Justin Timberlake and The Killers set to perform, it's bound to be a crowd-pleaser! Tickets went on sale last week, so grab yours now before they go!
5) Reading and Leeds - the split personality that is the Reading and Leeds festival takes place over the Bank Holiday weekend - 22-24th August, with acts performing in both locations over the weekend. Queens of the Stone Age, Blink 182 and the Arctic Monkeys are all confirmed. Tickets are still available at Reading and Leeds
Comments will be approved before showing up.
With festivals being cancelled this year most have decided to live stream them instead.
As lockdown continues and the reality that our travel plans both abroad and at home are now on hold and all the festivals you may have booked are now not possible perhaps it’s time to embrace that truly British pastime of ‘Camping’!